<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://thepinksamurai.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Pink Samurai: DIY Inspiration Dice

The Pink Samurai

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

DIY Inspiration Dice

I think everyone in a creative profession experiences their own form of writer's block every now and then.  Sometimes, when I feel I've exhausted all my creative juices, it's like that blank page in my sketch book is taunting me.  So I made something help me stir the pot of my imagination!  Inspired by Story Cubes, I made my own set of dice that would let fate decide my next project.  They're super easy to make and you'll be creating new work in no time!
So I really liked this photo, but I had to make another run to Hobby Lobby in the middle of this project, so there are a couple of edits to share in the supply list.

 SUPPLIES 

  • Craft paint
  • 3 Blank dice blocks (instead of 2)
  • Paint brush
  • Paint pens (instead of the Sharpie)
 DIRECTIONS 
  • Paint the sides of your blocks.  I chose a different color for each block to differentiate them, but go crazy.
  • After the paint has dried, write one piece of inspiration on each side.  
    • Craft - This block is for all of your actions.
      • draw, sew, crochet, build, embroider, paint
    • Subject - This block is for the main subject of your project.
      • cat, flower, person, historical event, everyday object, food
    • Medium - This block is what material you'll be using.
      • frame, fabric, box, canvas, clothing, clock
  • Once the paint pen is dry, get to rolling!
Some of the combinations don't work out perfectly...like building cat clothing haha!  But they work out for the most part.  And you can totally customize them to your own interests and strengths.  maybe you love insects and dinosaurs.  Add them to your subject dice!  Maybe you can sculpt and weave.  Use those on your craft block!  I think I need to find some black die with more sides now ^_^

If you end up making a set for yourself, I'd love to know what you make with them!  And if you're interested in buying a set instead of making them, let me know.  I'm happy to customize a set just for you!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 10:54 AM , Blogger Blue Eyed Night Owl said...

That's a really clever idea! I love how most of the outcomes make sense, but are still a nice surprise. I might have to give this a go too.
And who knows... I might be embroidering a food clock sometime soon;)

 
At 9:50 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

This is really cool!!!! Having funny outcomes might spark something though!! My imagination always surprises me!!!

 
At 1:49 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Wow what a clever project! Great for crafters' block ;)

http://cafecraftea.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home